It's almost here! PALEO CHALLENGE TIME! We hope everyone got something out of the nutrition seminar on Saturday, however, if you still have questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Meanwhile, it's time to start planning your grocery list. My reccommendation is to prepare in advance. If you ever open your refrigerator when you're really hungry and there's no food.....that's when people hop in the car and grab a Chick-Fil-A sandwich.
- I use Pinterest (be sure you follow our CFCH Pinterest page for recipes) and my go-to websites to decide on all of my recipes for the week, then hit the grocery store. Some of my favorites:
- If you find a recipe that you like, make it in bulk and depending on what it is, eat it throughout the week or freeze it for when you don't have lots of prep time.
- Don't forget to plan your snack foods (lunch meat, raw veggies and almond butter, nuts, pumpkin seeds, etc)
If you're not much of a planner, you might want to try PaleoPlan.com, where there is a meal plan every week and a pre-made grocery list to go with it. Click here to read more and get the 14-day free trial.
I'll post some recipes on here over the next 30 days as well, but if you make something that's amazing - please share! You can comment at the bottom of the post, or bring it to the gym and I'll post it here on the blog.
1) Omelette muffins (see past blog post)
2) Breakfast lasagna from Paleomg.com. Both this and the muffins are great to make ahead of time and just reheat in the mornings. This way you have a hot breakfast with basically no work in the morning.
3) Caveman Crunch cereal - if you love cereal as much as I do, this is such a treat. Watch your serving size though....it's tempting to eat the whole thing, but a serving size is probably 1/2 a cup or so. Cover with unsweetened coconut milk.
4) Sweet potato hash with sausage
Note: If you're trying to lean out, you'll want to minimize your sugar intake. That means take it easy on the sweet potatoes, honey and fruit for breakfast.
100 Ground to Overhead with plate (45/25)
EMOM 5 burpees