The "WOD" or Workout of the Day is a traditional CrossFit training class. Participants can expect to see bodyweight/gymnastics movements, olympic lifting, power lifting, running, rowing, kettlebells, and more combined in a workout designed to build strength and conditioning across short, medium, and long time domains.
Within the WOD class, there are three different levels of programming to choose from: Foundations, General Physical Preparedness (GPP), and Competition.
Foundations: scaled and/or modified movements designed to strengthen, build body awareness, and build up conditioning for the athlete who is either newer to CrossFit or have preexisting injuries or mobility issues that require modifications.
GPP: traditional CrossFit programming
Competition: (see below)
The endurance class includes many of the same movements you might see in a CrossFit class, like kettlebells, dumbbells, and medicine balls, and rowing, but does NOT include any barbell work or higher skill movements. For this reason, OnRamp is NOT required to join these classes. Workouts are programmed for athletes who are training for longer duration efforts, for example: marathons.
Compete Elite Competitor Program
The Competitior Class programming is designed to develop athleticism that is broad, general, and inclusive while biasing skill sets necessary for excellence in the sport of fitness, i.e. competitive CrossFit. In this program, you can expect to see a high emphasis placed on Olympic lifting, high skill gymnastics, challenging loads in metcons, training on specialized equipment, as well as other training methods and modalities typically underdeveloped in other programs for the rigors of competitive CrossFit. Athletes can expect a class that is both physically and mentally challenging as well as a friendly competitive environment.
If you are…
- - interested in competing and excelling at the highest level of CrossFit
- - looking for a program that will challenge your weaknesses daily
- - seeking an environment in which you’re surrounded with other athletes of similar, or even higher, skill level than your own
- - willing to commit to approximately 2 hours of training, 5 days/week
- - dedicated to proper recovery and nutrition
…then this program is for you! These classes require the Competitor Class membership package in order to participate. For more information on this program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optional Extra Work Programming
The Optional Extra Work programming is intended for those athletes who are interested in competing recreationally in the sport of CrossFit. You can expect to see additional high skill gymnastics work, weightlifting, and/or accessory work scheduled either directly before or after the regular GPP class. The optional work program is self guided (i.e. not performed in a regular class setting).
If you are…
- interested in competing in the sport of CrossFit
- very familiar with all major CrossFit movements and their variations
- able to put in an extra 30-45 minutes of work outside of the regular GPP class setting to improve weaknesses, train lifts, and practice gymnastics skills
- are comfortable performing this extra work in an un-coached or minimally coached setting
…then this program is for you!
One-on-one training is available at a cost of $60/hour for those who prefer a more private setting. For more information and for scheduling options, email email@example.com.